3-Week Wheel + Stained Glass Series (SATURDAYS, June 17-July 1)
Ready to try making pots on the wheel? Come enjoy a 3-week wheel-throwing course! 3 sessions included!
In this 3-week pottery class series, we’ll learn how to make vessels on the wheel from start to finish. In our final class, we’ll add stained glass pieces to our pots for their final glaze firing. Some wheel experience is preferred, but not required. If you’re looking to advance your skills or jump into clay, this will be a fun and informative class series meant to help you on your pottery journey. This is only $55/session, and includes 8lbs of clay!
- Included: personal instruction, 8lbs of clay, tools, supplies, glaze, stained glass shards from Stained & Confused, firings, shared storage shelf for work
- Instructor: Ashley Merklinger, owner of Bookworm Pottery & Co.
- Who: Anyone aged 14 and older
- When: Saturdays, June 17-July 1 | 4pm-6pm (3 sessions)
- Where: 707 S 16th St, Wilmington, NC 28401 **PLEASE REFER TO MY PARKING MAP**
- Cost: $165 per person. Additional clay may be purchased for a fee during the class. Independent studio time outside of class may be purchased at $5/hour until the end of the series.
Your creations will be ready for pickup from the studio approximately 1-3 weeks from the end of the series. Please wait for an email notifying you that your creations are ready for pickup.
YOU MUST SIGN YOUR POTTERY. Bookworm Pottery & Co. is not liable for lost pieces that are unsigned and mistakenly claimed by another student.
Not all pieces are guaranteed to make it out of the kiln. Inconsistencies in thickness can cause cracks or even shattering in the firing process. Additionally, improper glaze application can cause the piece to fuse to the kiln shelf. By purchasing this ticket, you are agreeing that Bookworm Pottery & Co. is not held liable for damaged pieces.
Tickets may not be refunded, prorated or exchanged for another workshop due to the special nature of our offerings and very limited enrollment. If you miss a workshop date, your ticket will not be prorated for missed time. If you miss the final date (glazing day), you will have to purchase an additional workshop to make up this portion of the class to have your piece fired.