À LA CARTE Independent Studio Time
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR THIS LISTING.
Do you have experience working with clay and our community studio? Are you itching to further explore your pottery journey independently? Then sign up for Independent Studio Time! This listing is ONLY for wheel use — if you need glazes, shelf storage, and kiln firings, see “FULL PACKAGE Independent Studio Time,” which is only available in limited quantities.
Requirements (any one of these):
- You must have taken a 3-week or 6-week series course with us at Bookworm Pottery & Co.
- Studio rental during independent studio hours for up to 15 hours per month (you may purchase additional hours - see Additional Information below)
- Studio wheel and community tools use
- Convenient location - we’re in the heart of the Cargo District!
- Access to clay purchasing from Bookworm Pottery & Co.
Dates & Location:
- DATES: (months are purchased SEPARATELY)
- MARCH: Tuesday, March 7 - Friday, March 31
- TIMES: (unless otherwise noted on the scheduling app or elsewhere online - class schedules may impact open hours)
- Mondays: CLOSED
- Tuesdays: limited
- Wednesdays: 12pm-6pm
- Thursdays: limited
- Fridays: 12pm-6pm
- Saturdays: 10am-6pm
- Sundays: CLOSED
- LOCATION: 707 S 16th St, Wilmington, NC 28401 *PLEASE REFER TO MY PARKING MAP*
This is a very limited studio rental offering designed for those just looking to practice in an affordable setting. Kiln firings are an additional fee - see our Kiln Rental services listing.
IF YOU PURCHASE KILN RENTAL (additional charge), YOU MUST USE CLAY PURCHASED FROM OR APPROVED BY BOOKWORM POTTERY & CO. There are no exceptions to this rule, as I cannot risk other students’ work or my kiln being destroyed from improper clay bodies. We fire to cone 5/6. I’m happy to look over your clay and glazes to make sure they’ll work! Use of improper clay or glazes will result in a $500 fine for damages.
This ticket is for one month’s rental. If you need more than 15 hours per month, you may purchase additional hours at $5/hr or purchase additional Independent Studio tickets. Unused studio hours are NOT prorated, so the base listing price ($45) is non-negotiable even if you do not use all your hours, to help cover community material fees.
If you’re firing with us, make sure your pieces are signed with your name. Not all pieces are guaranteed to make it out of the kiln. Inconsistencies in thickness can cause cracks or even shattering in the firing process. Improper glazing can cause pieces to stick the the shelf and may have to be broken off. There are many reasons why your piece might not survive that are out of our control. By purchasing this rental option, you are acknowledging and agreeing that Bookworm Pottery & Co. is not liable for lost pieces.
Tickets are not prorated or refundable, and they do not include classes or instruction. You can absolutely ask me questions if you’re stumped, but I cannot sit next to you and teach during this time, as I will be working on other projects.